List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: user friendliness - suggesting improvements
From:       "Glen Parker" <glenebob () nwlink ! com>
Date:       1999-04-17 19:16:19

>   1. in kdm, when you type your passwords, you get no feedback.
>      Stars should be displayed. The lack of feedback is very confusing
>      and annoying. It is a trivial thing, but can have a great negative
>      effect on the user.

I think there should be some user-specific setting stating whether or not
password entry should have stars or not, and then some apps should provide
an override to that, obviously KDM should provide the override for the
superuser.  I'd like to see stars, and there really is no reason to push
security like that at home here.

Glen