List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: (kab) strange compiling problem
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () chaos ! umd ! edu>
Date:       1999-04-09 18:09:55

On Fri, 09 Apr 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, David Sweet wrote:
>
>> >I'm getting this warning when I try to compile kab:
>
>> >Can anyone make a suggestion?  (An option to accept longer lines would be nice
>
>Read the README file in kdelibs.
>
>- alex

Thanks.

So README suggests recompiling all my libraries with -fsquangle.  I see two
potential problems with this:
	1) What about people who don't use egcs and thus have no -fsquangle
option? (I'm using an OSF1 machine at my office and they don't have egcs on it.)
	2) It's _insane_ to ask people to recompile all of their libraries
	(including libgcc, according to the egcs web page:
	 http://egcs.cygnus.com/onlinedocs/gcc_2.html#SEC7) to use KDE
	for reasons of limited time, space, and permissions.

Has anyone found a better solution?  Would simply using shorter names help, or
have I misunderstood this problem?

Dave