List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New progress dialogs - started
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-03-22 19:12:30

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Matt Koss wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have started the work on new progress dialogs for kiolib, as I promised.
> I have decided to create a list progress dialog instead of using kget for
> showing progress.
>
> The dialog will be the part of kiolib and that's why easily used by all
> applications.
> Kget will then be configured to handle e.g. remote transfers ( ftp and http ).
> These transfers would then display only in kget and not in the list progress
> dialog.
>
> I've created three new classes which replace current KIOCopyProgressDialog :
>
> 1. KIOSimpleProgressDialog - this is an old KIOCopyProgessDialog and that's
>     why it works fine already.
>
> 2. KIOListProgressDialog - this will be a new progress dialog which shows
>    progress for all IO operations in one window.
>    Here I want to ask other developers on their ideas about how this should
>    look and work.
>    Some people already reported about BeOS and NextStep ( ? )  using something
>    like this. As I didn't see BeOS and NextStep in action, I don't know how
>    does it look there.

There is something like it in HotJava too.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Life isn't short. It's just that death is longer.