List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: seteuid() in kscreensaver
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-03-08 20:06:23

Harri Porten wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I just continued my experiment to compile KDE on a machine running HP/UX.
> Everything's going fine so far except from some calls to seteuid() which
> isn't available everywhere.
> I already changed the one in kquickhelp to setuid() which is more
> appropriate anyway.
>
> But what about the ones in kscreensaver.cpp ? Is it safe to drop them or
> put a #ifdef HAVE_SETEUID around them now that kcheckpass is there ?
>
> Quite a few people have worked on main.cpp so I post this request here
> instead of filing a bug report.

As far as I know a replacement for seteuid exists, but I'm not sure.
But using kcheckpass is definitly a good idea. I would even go so far
to get rid of every password related code in klock and port kcheckpass
alone.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Und sie nannten ihn, wie er selbst unterschrieb -
Den Trojanischen Pferdedieb