List:       kde-devel
Subject:    seteuid() in kscreensaver
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1999-03-08 15:52:57

Hi !

I just continued my experiment to compile KDE on a machine running HP/UX.
Everything's going fine so far except from some calls to seteuid() which
isn't available everywhere.
I already changed the one in kquickhelp to setuid() which is more
appropriate anyway.

But what about the ones in kscreensaver.cpp ? Is it safe to drop them or
put a #ifdef HAVE_SETEUID around them now that kcheckpass is there ?

Quite a few people have worked on main.cpp so I post this request here
instead of filing a bug report.

Harri.