List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/kformula and typeinfo
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-02-27 22:33:36

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Leon Widdershoven wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tried to compile kformula on my linux box with egcs 1.1.1, and there was
> this error concerning the <typeinfo> include, something like __throw_... already
> declared.
>
> The only way I could solve this problem is by manually hacking
> /usr/include/g++/std/typeinfo.h and commenting out the __throw.. declaration.

Doing this kind of things is almost guaranteed to leave you with a broken
compiler.

> After that, another error occured with the exception header (called by
> typeinfo.h). I commented the #include <exception> out of the typinfo header and
> everything compiled and linked.
>
> Could anybody tell me what is the cause for this behavior (a bug in egcs or so?)
> I don't think it should be normal to hack around standard libary headers:)
>
> Leon
>

> --
> He may not have a clue                l.widdershoven@fz-juelich.de
> He may not have style             Institute of Plasmaphysics (IPP)
> But everything he lacks             Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> He makes up in denial.
> - The Offspring

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Life isn't short. It's just that death is longer.