List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Some memory statistics (fwd)
From:       <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       1999-02-26 17:19:23

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Bo Thorsen wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Feb 1999 uwe@uwix.alt.na wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> >
> > > If we are talking about just SIZE all by itself, then his numbers might very
> > > well be representive.  Mine are similar (a little higher).

> > I guess I beat you all:
> >
> > uwe       18472  kwm
> >
> > Well, this is a RISC machine and code on RISCs tend to be bigger. On the
> > other hand, I never shut down X/KDE, though sometimes power cuts do
> > (quite often during the rainy saison). If it's true that kwm never
> > releases memory allocated for windows that might show up in my numbers.
> >
> > I just shut it down and restarted it:
> >
> > uwe       18280  kwm
>
> If you had the other kwm running for a long time, then these two numbers
> say that kwm is actually free of mem leaks :)

That's what I wanted to convey.   :-) Those who claim kwm leaks like hell
are obviously wrong. On the other hand, I find 18MB (yeah, including
shared code, I know) for a freshly started window manager somewhat
outrageous.

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                        Tel: +264 - 061 - 244511
P.O.Box 30955                                    Fax: +264 - 061 - 244511
Windhoek                                         Email:   uwe@uwix.alt.na
Republic of Namibia                                           uwe@kde.org
                                                       http://www.kde.org