List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re klyx loading (was: Re: program loading)
From:       hpj.lisa () t-online ! de (Hans-Peter Jansen)
Date:       1999-02-25 14:14:47

rupert THURNER wrote:

> you seem to use a very fast computer :)

It happens on a todays sub-average system, too. When I start klyx
on my amd K6 300, the main window is drawn immediately after the
splash screen, so most of it is hidden before you are aware of it.

The first time, when this splash flashed up, I was curious about the
picture, which I finally found in $KDEDIR/share/icons/koffice-intro.gif.
Funny picture, but most users wont enjoy it...

IMHO - this way, spash screens are completely bogus (as they are in
daily work)

My suggestion: Open a window with it, with the ability to disable
it's display. Don't mind the necessarity to edit config file to
redisplay it again ;-)

[rest snipped]

Hans-Peter