List:       kde-devel
Subject:    does 1.1 bugfix branch of cvs require automake 1.4 upgrade?
From:       Duncan Haldane <f.d.m.haldane () cwix ! com>
Date:       1999-02-25 14:20:48

Hi, I can't get what I hope is the KDE_1_1_BRANCH
(non development , pre 1.1.1 bugfix branch) to build anymore.

First my updated cvs files required an update to automake 1.4,
which I did .. (on RedHat 5.2, had to rebuild a rawhide pre-RH-6.0
rpm spec file, taking out the pre-6.0 stuff ...., automake 1.4 rpms
for 5.2 were not available in their contrib section...)

But now the Makefile and Makefile.in (for kdesupport, at least)
starts with
 SHELL = @SHELL@
which is not defined, and kills the make.

Have I got the kde 2.0 development branch by mistake, or are more upgrades
now needed to make the 1.1 bugfix branch build?  -Aargh!

I update with cvsup from cvs.kde.org, in the rare moments it's
free.

Is my cvsup config file wrong?
duncan@kde.org

----------my kde-cvsup file----