List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Danish translation problem Fwd: da/dk
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-02-25 23:17:34

Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> Subject: da/dk
> Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 13:50:06 -0500
> From: Erik Kjær Pedersen <erik@math.binghamton.edu>
>
> I have been translating kde to Danish, and I just got a question from a Danish
> user (an IT managar)
> KDE abbreviates Denmark by da. This is neither usual nor normal. The normal
> abbreviation is dk in X/linux (and everywhere else). Apparenly this gives a
> problem when installing linux-mandrake, because mandrake changes the language
> setting to da which is not known by X or by linux outside kde. It is a bit of a
> mess, but I feel the only really good solution would be to somehow get the da
> changed to dk. I don't know who I should write to so I send it to you, so maybe
> you can send it to kde-devel.

KDE follows strictly ISO-639:
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso639.txt
which says Danish is da

Please don't mix languages with countries. Perhaps Denmark is dk,
but Danish is da.

Greetings, Stephan

--
A big plus when your parents split up, is, that you don't
have to imagine them doing it again. * Mr. Rhodes