List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: program loading
From:       "Robert Hagemann" <rhagemann () psipenta ! com>
Date:       1999-02-24 12:30:58

Hi,
<cite>
What about a different animated cursor than hourglass? For example, an
arrow with a little hourglass in the right-bottom corner to mean: I'm doing
something but you can still use the mouse.
</cite>

You're kidding, don't You?

This only solves one "problem" -- to look to similar to M$ Windows.
No, wait, my Win NT Box, I'm sitting in front of (I'm forced, it's
my job) has such feature, and everytime I see the arrow and the little
hour glass, I ask my self, wether my glasses or my monitor is broken...

None of the previously stated points is matched with that. You still
don't know which program sends You this visual feedback anonymously,
the cursur *must* restore its shape, when You enter another program
and finally You have no opportunity to enlargen the functionality with
killing, renice a.s.o

Nice try, next try?

Ciao,
Robert