List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFMIII or KFMII?
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-02-24 8:38:04

On Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 07:15:31PM -0800, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> Can I (or someone) either enable the install of khtmlw by default or
> disable kfmII from being built on the HEAD branch?
I thought it was better to leave kfm because konqueror is _not_ usable at all
at the moment, so if a binary incompatible change was made to any kde libs,
kfm needed to be recompiled if you wanted to still use it.
Now that library version numbers have been increased, the old kfm will
always run.
You can disable kfm compilation, but don't remove it now - we need it for
converting its code into konqueror.

|  David FAURE                                                       |
|  E-mail : David.Faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org                  |
|  http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html             |