List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: mmaping icons
From:       Robert =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sch=F6ftner?= <r.schoeftner () magnet ! at>
Date:       1999-02-15 17:44:05

Am Fri, 12 Feb 1999 schrieb Robert Hagemann:
>Hi,
><cite>
>> this daemon could put a special hidden window on the display that can be
>sent
>> X-events and then send X-event back with the handle of the pixmap. this
>would
>> not need any app-bloating rpc-mechanism and integrates neatly with X :))
>>
>> (and, of course, this daemon could be queried for different sizes, be a
>> raytracer and so on ;-)
>>
>Sounds neat. Any volunteers to start kpixmapcacherd? ;)
></cite>
>
>I'm rather confused. I thought, CORBA is the way to go. So, why do You want
>have sth. like invisible windows. Which points contradict the usage of
>CORBA?

because it would bloat every app that will use this mechanism. and because
corba is not really needed here. btw, X would be faster, too :) and it would
work with non-kde- (i mean non-kom or whatever om-) apps, ....

servas,
  robert

--
Robert     GS@  PGP+       Die Justiz ist wie die Venus von Milo:
Schöftner  G++? [...]      Einen Kopf, aber keine Arme