List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: Next KDE release (was Re: TODO)
From:       "=?iso-8859-1?B?QmVub+50?=" <bminisini () imedia ! fr>
Date:       1999-02-15 13:01:30

Hi everybody !

I'm a developper but not a KDE one's.

Tell me if it's a silly stuff, but why not caching every KDE icon
in one single pixmap in each X server ? My KDE-1.0-at-home is slow
only when it loads these nices icons store as *.XMP. Of course, one
can do the same thing to store the toolbar icons.

Thus, maybe a kpixmapcacherd is not necessary. Just a Pixmap ID
stored in a X atom is needed. And a good "different-size-icons
-in-one-single-pixmap" allocator !

Benoît Minisini
mailto:bminisini@imedia.fr

--- Waiting for KDE 1.1 RPMs... I'm lazy and impatient ;)