List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KTop: Request for porting; ready for KDE 1.1
From:       Chris Schlaeger <cs () axys ! de>
Date:       1999-02-01 8:57:06

On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 09:11:13AM +0100, Hans Petter Bieker wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>
> > > BTW, Hans Petter is already working on a FreeBSD version, if that is
> > > the platform you are concerned about.
> > I imagine he is, but one can't be too sure.
>
> Well, I commited some code yesterday. Page one and two now works (it's
> slow and ugly :). Some of the calculations may be wrong. E.g. I
> don't know how to to calculate user and system time. I only know the
> total.

That's fine for the moment since KTop currently only displays the
total anyhow. Later version might have the option to display user and
system time seperately.

> Feel free to help :)
>
> And I agree -- ktop shouldn't fail to work just cause it doens't know hot
> to calculate OSStatus stuff.

Well, then just don't set the error flag and set the values to some
defaults. If you set the error flag then you should also set an error
message. This will be displayed before an assert. KTop never exits
without telling the user why. At least that's how I meant it to be. ;)

Chris