List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIconLoader buglet
From:       Christoph Neerfeld <Christoph.Neerfeld () home ! ivm ! de>
Date:       1999-01-30 16:44:38

On 30-Jan-99 Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 02:36:25PM +0100, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
>
> hmmmhmhmh, responding to my own mail :-/
>
> I should have read the docs before, I guess. The searchpath is configured
> in .kderc or a custom rc. So should every application that needs icons
> from KDEDIR/share/apps/APPNAME/pics store a shortened searchpath in an
> own APPrc and pass a KConfig pointer to KIconLoader to avoid such
> overriding problems?
>
> I think icons from KDEDIR/share/apps/APPNAME/pics should not be
> overridable (?) by ~/.kde/share/icons, but it seems, preventing this is
> not possible with KIconLoader's design, is that right?

It is a matter of changing the order of the directories that are searched for
icons.
Currently kiconloader looks first into the user's home directory and then into
the global directories.

~/.kde/share/apps/APPNAME/pics
[..]
~/.kde/share/icons

KDEDIR/share/apps/APPNAME/pics
[..]
KDEDIR/share/icons

IMHO this should be changed after 1.1 into:

~/.kde/share/apps/APPNAME/pics
KDEDIR/share/apps/APPNAME/pics
~/.kde/share/icons
KDEDIR/share/icons