List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: PeopleSpace <--> Kab Merge? (fwd) (vote for merge)
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       1999-01-22 13:52:43

  My vote: MERGE! One can think of configurable interfaces,
different looks etc. but that's later. We don't have
quite that amount of workpower to afford a separate program
for each level of detail, some of them will eventually fade
anyhow (who is using kedit?).

  About Cristians comments:

>Kab should stay small and fast. I guess *less* than 5% of desktop envir
>users are needing a contact manager but more than 90% need a reliable
>e-mail addressbook. This being the situation, I'd rather like to see kab

  I think that 100% of users need to keep a list with
persons, and it is hard to judge the exact level of detail
you fill in the fields, so better put everything, and than
maybe reduce them through menu options. You are right, for
most inputs only name, e-mail and phone number will be
filled out - so better put this on the first page.

  For kmail, if we want only a non-editable window which
pops up Name - Email address pairs based on the
contact-manager database it can be easily done (I
volunteer).

  That's my story and I stick to it :-)

          Lotzi

PS:
  Now, what about a kedit + kwrite + webmaker merger?
  And kpilot?

Lotzi Boloni
boloni@cs.purdue.edu  www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/boloni
"Been there, done that, didnt like it, threw it out"

               --Alan Cox, Linux guru
                 about using C++ in the kernel