List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kikbd
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () gch ! ulaval ! ca>
Date:       1999-01-05 19:08:00

Hi

I took over kikbd some days ago.

In the situation you gave, if you respond yes all the time you end up with
two config boxes and when you close one of them, it segfaults.

If you answer first no then yes, it segfaults a first time, but it still
pops un a config window.

In my setup it finishes cleanly at startup before displaying a window if
the "use PC-101 base keyboard" was selected (and is saved in kikbdrc). But
I can observe this only with kdelibs and kikbd compiled with debug.

I tried to read the code and I discovered at least 3 (three) levels of
non-necessary complication (cascading calls of routines doing nothing but
calling other subroutines).

I fear to change drastically the code right now before 1.1, but I'm afraid
I'll just have to do it. Kikbd is sensed to be used by more than 20% of
the KDE users and it always fucks up the startup of a newly installed KDE.

Hold on for news.

Cristian Tibirna           ::  ctibirna@gch.ulaval.ca
PhD Student                ::  WT: (1-418-) 656-2131/6224
GCH - U.Laval, QC, Canada  ::  HT: (1-418-) 658-2286