List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Look-n-Feel for Java
From:       Stephan Goetter <sg17 () irz301 ! inf ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       1999-01-02 1:41:45

Jim Dovey wrote:

> Hello there,
>         I am a Java programmer, and I am interested in putting together a
> KDE Look-n-Feel package for the Swing GUI set, to complement the existing
> Motif, Windows, and Java native (Metal) look-n-feels. I would like to know
> if anyone there could give me the information I need to put together a look
> and feel set for the KDE on Java - details of widget sets and the like,
> along with references to their behaviour (I think probably for the Motif
> style option, rather than the Windows style, if that has any noticable
> effect on the background running of such things). Any product of my work
> will be sent to the KDE people for redistribution, as well as to Sun
> Microsystems, for possible inclusion in the next version of the Swing GUI
> API.

Hi Jim,

I think there are not so much Swing-Apps flying around at this time :)
but if Sun would accept the result of your work ...
For me it would be more important, that my AWT-Apps have the same outfit
as my other KDE and Motif apps (Desert Red :). With the JDK-Linux Port from
blackdown.org, only the Choice-Boxes are Yellow :(
(The SUN-JDK for Solaris is complete grey)
But maybe this is something for the JDK-Port-Team.

Have a look at http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~sg17/SWT-Kino98/images/progverw.gif

Bye,

Stephan
         _________________
 _   _   \_    _    _   []\ __      _   ____   ___
SWT-Kino'98 - Salespoint Workaround Tool
    http://come.to/SWT-Kino98
    http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~sg17/SWT-Kino98/