List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Development (was Re: CVS and kapptemplate)
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () gch ! ulaval ! ca>
Date:       1998-12-31 5:51:57

Hi

I don't see why it's *not already* there?

As about kappgen, there already exist precedents: kedit/kwrite,
kvt/konsole, korn/kbiff. They all have similar goals/different approaches.
Choice is marvelous.

There was a discussion about kdesdk not having a main Makefile and being
an standing-out KDE package which made it quite ill-distributable.

I vote for a make-up work which would put kdesdk package at the level of a
glorified IDE and make it installable (as an rpm/deb?). The main kdoc
generated docs (or even the whole developers.kde.org) should get installed
in a default place (I think of $KDEDIR/share/docs/default/devel-know-how
).

Yes, developers have already proven to be able enough to find their way
around, but if a minimum effort will ease their task (especially when it
comes to keeping the devel docs in synch with the current release), I'd
say let's make it.

Cristian Tibirna           ::  ctibirna@gch.ulaval.ca
PhD Student                ::  WT: (1-418-) 656-2131/6224
GCH - U.Laval, QC, Canada  ::  HT: (1-418-) 658-2286