List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: KDE 2.0 - 48x48 HiColor-Icons]
From:       Alexei Dets <dets () services ! ru>
Date:       1998-12-30 8:04:38

Hi!
carpdjih@cetus.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE wrote:

> > My Problem: if you use 48x48 icons in KPanel (in large-mode) all Icons
> > are cropped/shrinked to 44x44. This looks ugly. Why 44x44?
> > Typical WindowMaker/Gnome/..-icons use 48x48, too. If there is no real
> > reason for 44x44 it would be great if you could change it to 48x48.
>
> I for one find the typical WM icons too large, I'm happy that KDE uses
> smaller icons.

And it is not great! It must be configurable because different people
prefer different sizes and use _different_screen_resolutins_. For
1280x1024 screen mode icons of size 32x32 is too small. And
TrueColor(HiColor) is not the rear case now. I don't know what are the
standard icon sizes for different video modes on MacOS and Windows but
we should at least take this into account. Same with mini-icons.

Happy New Year!

	Regards, Alexei