List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDevelop v.0.2
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-12-04 1:10:59

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
> I just compiled it (on dec-alpha/linux) and played a bit with it. KDevelop is
> really GREAT! Only one suggestion: It would be really cool if you would use
> kwrite (from kdenonbeta) for the editor widget, because then you have syntax
> highlighting in the editor which would be cool too!

Yes.  That brings me to the two things I don't like about KDevelop (only
two!):

1) You are forced to use their editor.  It would be nice to have a user-
   settable hook for the editor.  For instance, I like using vim for my
	coding... lots of others like emacs.  It would be nice to have a
	setting where you could enter something like 'editor=gvim +@LINE@'

	Also cool for the future would be to CORBAsize kwrite and allow any
	CORBAsized editor to be used inside KDevelop.

2) The three tabs for source, header, and info files is distracting.  *I*
   would like for each file -- source, header, OR info -- to have it's
	own tab.  That way I could switch between files very quickly.
--
Kurt Granroth
granroth@kde.org