List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 2 mime quesions
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       1998-11-29 11:49:33

Timothy Whitfield wrote:

> Is there currently any easy way to find out which icon belongs to a file?

A few weeks ago I searched for it, but found nothing :(

> If not, does anyone have a quick and dirty to using kmimemagic in kfm?
>
> Do you think it would be a good idea to make this part of kfm part of
> kdelibs instead?  I know I can't be the only person who needs to show a

I think it could be a very good idea.

> file listing and would like icons.  Kzip for example - or - arK or
> whatever it is called now, would also benifit from this.

And also my (untouched for weeks) kquickaccessbar :)

> I took a brief look at kmimemagic under kfm and chickened out, but I do
> think this important.

What about adding a function (no need for a whole class) that accepts a file
path and returns the icon that should be used (if the file is a .kdelnk, then
reading the icon from it, and if not, looking for the mimetype icon)

Somebody interested in implementing it ? (If nobody does, I will have to
implement it myself as I will need it, but most probably after mid-December)

Greetings,

	Antonio