List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE version notice
From:       "Yannai A. Gonczarowski" <yannaigo () leyada ! jlm ! k12 ! il>
Date:       1998-11-21 11:48:35

Aaron Levinson wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Michael Reiher wrote:
>
> > IMO a splash screen makes no sence if the user wants to find out the
> > version number. He would see it sometimes after installing a new kde
> > version. Then he get nerved by it and turns it off. Some weeks later he
> > needs to know the version but doesn´t remember what was written on the
> > splash screen anymore. So: turn splash on and restart kde!
>
> Ok, you've all convinced me of my bad, evil ways.  No splash screen! :-)
>
> Aaron
Well, KDE unfortunately takes some time to come up (from when you press
ENTER in KDM until kpanel and kfm finish to load). Why not display the logo
in full screen until it finishes loading (nothing useful on the display
until then, anyway) like CDE does?

Regards,
Yannai.

    /      /__...---===='---+---_'                System Administrator