List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE version notice
From:       Christian Esken <esken () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-11-20 1:21:34

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 uwe@uwix.alt.na wrote:
>On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Aaron Levinson wrote:
>

>> On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Mosfet wrote:
>>
>> > I like just putting it on KDE Help's main page. If it does get stuck into kwm I
>> > would like it very much if was able to be shut off. Version notices and logos
>> > popping up each time I login would get annoying ;)
>>
>> Oops, I meant to add that too.  The user SHOULD have some easy, accessible
>> way to get rid of the logo.  Maybe, after the logo has popped up, say five
>> times, a little message box could come up, asking the user if he/she
>> wishes to continue to see the logo.
>
>I don't like this idea at all. We could put a version number into the
>'About KDE' box. No need to annoy users by windows without any
>functionality.

Not in the "ABout KDE" box. This is wrong.

Because this box is shown for every program, even those not being part
of the KDE distribution. Unstable Apps carrying a "KDE1.1" note in the
"about dialog" are not good.

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyone