List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE version notice
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       1998-11-19 20:09:11

Aaron Levinson wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Mosfet wrote:
>
> > I like just putting it on KDE Help's main page. If it does get stuck into kwm I
> > would like it very much if was able to be shut off. Version notices and logos
> > popping up each time I login would get annoying ;)
>
> Oops, I meant to add that too.  The user SHOULD have some easy, accessible
> way to get rid of the logo.  Maybe, after the logo has popped up, say five
> times, a little message box could come up, asking the user if he/she
> wishes to continue to see the logo.
>
> Aaron Levinson
IMO a splash screen makes no sence if the user wants to find out the
version number. He would see it sometimes after installing a new kde
version. Then he get nerved by it and turns it off. Some weeks later he
needs to know the version but doesnŽt remember what was written on the
splash screen anymore. So: turn splash on and restart kde!

Anyway, the only places that makes sence to me are the ŽAbout KDEŽ box
and the kdehelp main page

Michael

--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology