List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Eye of the Tiger
From:       Jo Dillon <emily () thelonious ! new ! ox ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1998-11-18 16:13:45

Warwick Allison (warwick@troll.no) spake thusly:
> Jo Dillon wrote:
> >Qt 2.0 doesn't [have] anti-aliased Truetype support, and I can write
> >a patch to put that in Qt now :)
>
> I'd rather see new X protocols to do it, then Gtk and other toolkits
> can also use the technology.  Windows managed to do it that way, so
> why not X?

  Well, I wouldn't argue that the right place for such things is in X.
But to put it in X requires all X vendors to agree to put it there.
That's a difficult task :) Gtk is going the route of putting Truetype
rendering in the widget set, and I think it's a reasonable second best.

> Hey!  Get all this devel noise off kde-licensing!  I thought kde-devel
> was created to keep devel crap out of serious licensing discussions.

  Well, this was a licensing issue. Thanks to your new license I
am now sympathetic to the idea of writing such a patch for Qt rather
than working on Harmony ;)

--
	Jo

Harmony - the project to create an LGPL Qt clone
http://harmony.ruhr.de