List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konsole report
From:       Christian Esken <esken () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-11-07 23:07:53

On Sam, 07 Nov 1998 Lars Doelle wrote:
>Christian Esken wrote:
>
>> Konsole report:
>>
>> - I get "Font 'linx8x16' not found." dialog box when making
>>   "New->Linux Console".
>> - The "New" menu has bad (hardcoded!?) default entries.
>> - I can't select words or line
>> - I don't have "add characters to word class" as in kvt
>> - konsole once ate 100% computing time, even after closing
>>   all "Sessions". But I can't reproduce it.
>>
>> Setting TERM seems now to be fixed - looks like konsole
>> is on the right way. But in it's current form konsole can't
>> be shipped with KDE1.1, IMO.
>
>get yourself an actual version and check the READMEs and NEWS.

My version is current. But you must admit that you can't expect
everybody to read 10 pages of README's and TODO's for a
program that's supposed to be stable. And the README.bugs and
TODO texts don't adress directly any of my above noted things
except the "linux8x16 font problem".

Please understand why I posted the original message, Lars.
konsole is in kdebase and it is supposed to replace kvt and to
be shipped with  KDE1.1. So KDE1.1 must either wait until konsole
is completed or KDE1.1 must ship without konsole.

So now for some wishes/bug reports:
- Give instructive help in the "Font 'linux8x16" dialog box. Do not
only say "not found", better say "Install the Font, it is included in
the konsole distribution".
- Use a tab bar for the sessions - this makes changing sessions real fun.
- Menubar->Options->Font: If you select an item in this submenu, it gets
an "selection marker". But the old item isn't "unmarked". I hope I could
make the problem clear!?
- make selection of multiple words possible. Currently you can select only
one word using a double click. If you cross a word boundary while still holding
the mouse button for selection, the selection mode goes back to select characters
mode.

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyone