List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: "Compound file" library?
From:       Stephan Goetter <sg17 () irz301 ! inf ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       1998-11-04 10:31:04

Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote:
> > This is for two reasons :
> > * Furthermore, even if only using this for new apps, we don't want to put the
> > same icon in several compound files, do we ?   ... just a question, in fact.
>
> Well, if they refer to the same path for the pixmap it should be that they
> use the same one.
>
> > I vote for the 'zip' suggestion previously made on the list.
>
> Pending I find a library that can handle this format. I have been looking
> on the net but have not found anything yet.

Try KProcess with and get the pipe

% unzip -p www.zip www/index.html
<HTML>
<HEAD>

Of course unzip must be installed :-(

PS:
UnZip 5.12 of 28 August 1994, by !!!Info-ZIP!!!.  Portions (c) 1989 by S. H. Smith.
Send bug reports to authors at zip-bugs@wkuvx1.wku.edu; see README for details.

Stephan
--
Linux is a drug. It shouldn't stand under a public license.
Linux + bSD = LSD !