List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: All Developers: kKeyConfig -> KAccel
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-10-12 23:37:38

On Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 01:05:08PM +0200, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> In other words: If you or any other application developer feels that his
> application is unfinished and 3 weeks are not enough to bring it in a stable
> state...

This brings us back to a topic that came up earlier but never really got
resolved -- what do we mean by "stable?"  For instance, my kbiff is now
in kdenetwork.  In order for it to stay in there for the 1.1 release
does it merely have to compile and run?  Or should it be in a "all features
complete" state?

> I'd love to do release discussions on kde-devel, but it's so hard to push even
> small companies or teams to a release. Several hundred developers almost never
> agree, because there's always one more bug to fix and one more feature to
> implement.

So how do lowly developers get on the "core" team and be in on decisions
like this?
--
Kurt Granroth
granroth@kde.org