List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: apology
From:       Alex <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1998-07-24 2:01:06

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Sven Radej wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Roberto Alsina wrote:
> > >My own wish for MDI would be to make kwm be able to manage windows that
> > >are not childs of the root window, but childs of the main MDI window :-)
> >
> > KtoolboxManager can do that: see
> > http://unet.univie.ac.at/~a9509961/kde/ (and scroll down)
>
> Looks cool. (Alex, maybe this can replace those things in kirc :-)

Bleh.. the kIRC MDI code is a bit more advanced.  It has resize cursors
when you move the mouse over a border, it also makes it harder for menus
to clobber windows and harder for windows to clobber their parent.

> But I said kwm, so we would have a common look and feel between the MDI
> and the outside, and maybe avoid some code duplication. Of course I
> haven't looked at the code, so I may be saying nonsense :-)

This is what needs to be replaced in kIRC.  The MDI stuff while hacky
works well, the MDIWindows OTOH are just ick (but I'd still have to use em
with KToolBoxMgr..).

Oh well.. I guess this isn't MFC ;)

- alex

| "Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern  |
| technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat." |