List:       cryptography
Subject:    Apology
From:       "Benjamin T. Love" <benlove () means ! net>
Date:       1998-08-16 14:41:14

Lucas-

Yesterday I sent you a "go away kid, don't bother me" reply to your
request for the names of books that what help you learn about
cryptananlysis.  I apologize for being so brusque.  In order for any of
us to even begin to answer you, please let us know a little about what
you know now.

Do you really mean cryptanalysis, or do you mean cryptography, or do you
mean cryptology, or do you mean something else?

What is your background in discrete mathematics, number theory,
probability and statistics, and computer programming?

Is this a professional interest or are codes and ciphers a hobby?

Ben
--
Benjamin T. Love  /  benlove@means.net  /  www.ncrypt.com