List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-07-08 10:00:47

l.widdershoven wrote:

> At the moment I am not at my home computer, so I can't check it all:-( But I
> will tonight. I mentioned it was the June 28 or 29 snapshot?
>
> > > (kwizard.h and insertCatalogue() do not exist in beta4).
> > That's true. Where it says, you need beta4? This needs to be changed.
>
> Some file in the koffice2/ root. (README or INSTALL)

Can't find it:

kulow@atlas:~/prod/koffice2>grep -i beta *
kulow@atlas:~/prod/koffice2>

> > > It would also be nice to remove absolute paths out of kspread, or say
> koffice
> > > is expected to be in /usr/local/kde.
> > Hmm? I never ran it out of /usr/local/kde. And I can't find any
> > references to
> > /usr/local in the sources.
>
> I think it were the files needing kde/include/idl/kom.h .
> They were included as "/absolute_path/??.h". I think <idl/kom.h> would be
> better:-)

This files are generated by the idl. If you compile corba and koffice
yourself,
it doesn't matter.

> > > And, to help out people like me who installed egcs just for koffice, maybe
> say
> > > that one can prevent missing type_info functions by compiling everything
> > > (including  mico/corba) by using export CXX="/usr/local/bin/c++ -fno-rtti".
> > Well, the no-rtti is your own choice.
> >
> > The CXX thing in general is a general issue, not just for koffice.
>
> I fully agree. I did not mean to say it should be the default compile mode, but
> maybe a small remark in the INSTALL or README file would be nice, for people
> who have the qt and kde libraries compiled with gcc 2.7.2. (It cost me about
> three days to find out what exactly I had to do:-( )

Well, why don't you do it as everyone else and look in #kde@irc.kde.org
;-)

Greets, Stephan

--
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.