List:       kde-devel
Subject:    koffice
From:       "l.widdershoven" <pph128 () aix ! zam ! kfa-juelich ! de>
Date:       1998-07-08 11:32:07

Hi,

I have compiled the koffice snapshot of end June, and I must say, it looks
great. I have a few remarks, though.

For the documentation it would be nice to change needs beta4 to needs kde 1.
(kwizard.h and insertCatalogue() do not exist in beta4).

It would also be nice to remove absolute paths out of kspread, or say koffice
is expected to be in /usr/local/kde.

And, to help out people like me who installed egcs just for koffice, maybe say
that one can prevent missing type_info functions by compiling everything
(including  mico/corba) by using export CXX="/usr/local/bin/c++ -fno-rtti".

Well, those are my expiriences.

Greetz,
Leon

BTW, corba calls are slow. Is that due to mico, koffice-corba, or just my
computer?