List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: suggestions for KFM
From:       Vitaliy Pilipiv <phil () nest ! vinnica ! ua>
Date:       1998-05-28 6:45:36

Hi!

Gunter Ohrner wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've some suggestions for KFM:
>
> Browsing an ftp-server with kfm I'd like to have the remote directory
[...]
> If I browse into compressed files like tar-archives it would be really
> cool if the tar-archive directory structure could be displayed
> somewhere. Maybe it could be inserted into the standard tree view.
[...]
> What's your opinion about it, testers and users? Usable idea?
I am just a user (Intel Linux 2.0.33,KDE beta 4).And I like all ideas
above ;).

IMO kfm functionality will be raise more dynamic when KFM Developer Team
develop and publish KFM plug ins API .
One developer can do a little ... Developers TEAM can do more ... Linux
community can do everything ;)!!!

And now some my dummy questions ;) for KFM developers ...
1. Is this possible create Netscape compatible KFM plug ins API for
using Netscape plug ins ?
   I think it's a titanic work but it will make KFM more universal.
   It's let add more functions . Java support for example (via Sun
Activator plugin).
2. Is it possible load some mime files in kfm (jpg,gif etc.) for viewing
like for HTML ?
3. Is JavaScript support planned for KFM ?

> What do you say about it, developers?

W b/r,Vitaliy