List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Q: STL incompatibilities - how to solve it with autoconf?
From:       Mirko Sucker <mirko.sucker () unibw-hamburg ! de>
Date:       1998-05-01 16:58:03

weis@stud.uni-frankfurt.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is indeed ugly. gcc STL uses remove and egcs STL uses erase.
>
> Which is one is the standard now ?
>
> ... puzzled ...
>
> Bye
> Torben

According to Josuttis: "Die C++-Standardbibliothek", Addison-Wesley-Longman
1996 it is "remove".
But of course we have to deal with both of them. In kab, I simply declare a
macro ERASE and set it to one of them. The methods "erase" and "remove" have,
AFAIK, the same functionality. That is why I asked for a automake define to
have a global distinction between both STL versions.
Greetings,
--Mirko.

--
http://www.hamburg.netsurf.de/~mirko.sucker/
Die besten sind diejenigen, die alles selbst bedenken; gut sind auch die,