weis@stud.uni-frankfurt.de wrote:
Hi,

this is indeed ugly. gcc STL uses remove and egcs STL uses erase.

Which is one is the standard now ?

... puzzled ...

Bye
Torben

According to Josuttis: "Die C++-Standardbibliothek", Addison-Wesley-Longman 1996 it is "remove".
But of course we have to deal with both of them. In kab, I simply declare a macro ERASE and set it to one of them. The methods "erase" and "remove" have, AFAIK, the same functionality. That is why I asked for a automake define to have a global distinction between both STL versions.
Greetings,
--Mirko.
--
http://www.hamburg.netsurf.de/~mirko.sucker/
Die besten sind diejenigen, die alles selbst bedenken; gut sind auch die,