List:       kde-announce
Subject:    klyx on Linux/Alpha
From:       Christian Czezatke <e9025461 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       1998-03-19 21:14:32

Hi!

I've just uploaded a klyx-0.9.0 binary for Linux/Alpha (Redhat Linux 5.0,
aka glibc 2) to the /pub/kde/Incoming directory of ftp.kde.org.

Contrary to Matthias' announcement, klyx works just fine on Linux/Alpha.
-- The problem is just that C++ is hopelessly broken for Redhat Linux
5.0... :-((

The executable is linked dynamically against Qt 1.32 and the kdelibs
snapshot from March, 18th.

If you're interested in running klyx on Linux/Alpha, RHL 5.0, I recommend
to grab the intel distribution from ftp.kde.org and to replace the intel
executable with the one I've built.

If you're using a Linux distribution that uses glibc < 2 (like DLD 5.3 or
Redhat Linux 4.2), you should have no problems with compiling the source
distribution.

BTW: The binary is gzipped and named

 klyx-0.9.0-linuxalpha-glibc2.gz

Thanks to Kalle and Matthias for their great work (and of cours to the LyX
Team).

     Christian

PS: Want to fix C++ on RHL 5.0/Alpha? --- Get egcs 1.0.1, compile it
    and dump the gcc that came with RHL 5.0 and use egcs...

| Christian Czezatke, Student of Computer Science at the Vienna    |
| University Of Technology.                                        |
| email: e9025461@student.tuwien.ac.at                             |