List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Q: QClipboard, sysinfo, pthreads
From:       Christian Esken <chris () wallace ! ping ! de>
Date:       1998-02-27 10:44:43

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 Wollgam wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I want to use QClipboard to cut, copy and paste audio data. Is this ok
>or is there a better way?

YOu cannot use QClipboard directly. It only supports Pixmaps and
Zero-terminated string data. You still can use QClipboard, if you
encode the audio data. You just have to make sure, there is no zero
in the middle of your data.

>The same question for sysinfo and pthreads.
>
>sysinfo to get memory use.

From the manpage (please judge for yourself):

CONFORMING TO
       This function is Linux-specific, and should not be used in
       programs intended to be portable.

>pthreads to compute thing in the background.

Threads are good after you have learned them. You just have to make sure, you
don't call non-threadsafe libs and such things during your computations.

Bye,
  Chris

--
Christian Esken                        (chris@wallace.ping.de)