List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: KMenuBar strangeness?
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1998-02-26 23:12:37

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Sven Radej wrote:

> On 26-Feb-98 Roberto Alsina wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to fix a few niggles for a KDE version of FTE, and some
> > things came up with KMenuBar:
> >
> > I have lots of resizing trouble when KMenuBar floats, so I disabled it,
> > but... even with float disabled, you can make it float by dragging.
> >
> > Also, it seems to dock itself spontaneously every now and then (really
> > weird!)
> You, of course, did not use KTopLevelWidgeet? That would be a right way to
> do it but FTE is, eh, complicated.
> I know that there is a way to disable dragging but I don't know for shure
> now. At least one game has non-movable toolbar.

No problem now. After I fixed a couple of bugs, and used some geometry
management, now FTE is happily using a KTopLevelWidget, and the toolbar
can be floated and unfloated at pleasure.

Also, as I said in another mail, the spontaneous docking was caused by
FTE deleting/recreating the menubar often. I changed that to make it
clear() it and then refill it, and now both these problems have disappeared.

Maybe I should wait a little more before puthing my fingers to type ;-)

Best regards.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
"I can attempt anything, specialization is for insects" (50% Heinlein).