List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE performance
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1998-02-14 15:48:40

Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

> Martin Konold <konold@fiwi02.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de>
> > Is zip available on all target machines?
>
> Yes.
>
> > PAtent problems with zip/unzip?
>
> None.
>
> > Is it possible to easily add delete entries?
>
> Adding is cheap, deleting is O(file size).

This all reminds me very much on the KArchive issue
we discussed, when I started with KDE.

When you search in the new mailing list archive for
karchive or performance, you will find a lot of discussions
on this topic.

http://www.progressive-comp.com/KDE-Lists/?m=88665848414646
is just one example ;)

Greets, Stephan

--
Teigwaren heissen Teigwaren, weil sie Teig waren * J. v. d. Lippe
MFCH