List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Announce:kmix0.52
From:       Christian Esken <chris () magicon ! prima ! ruhr ! de>
Date:       1997-08-18 15:54:26

Hi everybody!

Usually I do not forward announcment to kde-devel, but this time it is
important as several developers may not be listening to kde-announce:

As described below I need testers for kmix. Wanted are people who can test
kmix on ...
a) Sun
b) SGI
c) Non-Linux OSS
d) Some non-supported platform (Everything else than Sun/SGI/OSS).

I have uploaded version 0.52 of kmix. It should soon be available from below
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/ked/apps/multimedia

!!!!!!!! Call for programmers/testers !!!!!!!!!

I have built in Sun and SGI support "blindly". It will most likely not even
compile. If anybody can test/fix Sun and or SGI support, I will incorporate
the patches in the next version.

I would like to have this program tested on a non-supported platform, too.
It is expected to compile and when started it should say "Platform not
supported".

Platform depending stuff is all in mixer.cpp/mixer.h. For porting hints
search for "PORTING" in these files.                            Thank you

PS: If you need assistance on mixer.cpp, just mail me.

Changelog:
0.52    Compiles *perhaps* on every platform. Untested suppport for
        Sun and SGI.
0.50    First release

Bye,
  Chris

Begin3
Title:          kmix
Version:        0.52
Entered-date:   03JUL1997
		Features of kmix:
		- QT user interface, utilizing KDE libraries
		- The only mixer with an overall balancing slider.
		- Autodetect of supported mixing devices
		- Option menu: Tickmarks and Menubar hideable