List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KPlugins - summary
From:       Miguel de Icaza <miguel () luthien ! nuclecu ! unam ! mx>
Date:       1997-05-13 22:33:55

> >I think the best way to start this is to provide access to the slots used by
> >apps to connect to kkeyconfig as there should be one slot per operation the
> >app can perform, if we provided a way to call these slots from a script then
> >we will have our scripting language. The only problem is that where ever the
> >app asks the user for data we need a way to provide it from the script instead.
>
> Rather than attempting to roll-your-own scripting language, why not just
> provide modules for a Perl interface?

I believe we should follow the scheme that the GIMP uses.  They have a
procedure database.  This procedure database can be used to plug any
language you want on top of it.

Currently Scheme and Tcl plugins have been written for the GIMP using
this method.

With this, we don't force any user into using our favorite language.
Language modules are just dynamically loaded into the program.

Cheers,
Miguel.
--
miguel@roxanne.nuclecu.unam.mx