List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KPlugins - summary
From:       "W. Reilly Cooley" <wcooley () navi ! net>
Date:       1997-05-13 14:04:38

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Richard Moore wrote:

>I think the best way to start this is to provide access to the slots used by
>apps to connect to kkeyconfig as there should be one slot per operation the
>app can perform, if we provided a way to call these slots from a script then
>we will have our scripting language. The only problem is that where ever the
>app asks the user for data we need a way to provide it from the script instead.

Rather than attempting to roll-your-own scripting language, why not just
provide modules for a Perl interface?

Wil

W. Reilly Cooley
                NakedApe Consulting & Navi.Net representative
1509 NE 10th Ave., #104                    Portland, OR 97232
503 287-2165                                 wcooley@navi.net
www.navi.net/~wcooley                  www.navi.net/~nakedape

As a service, I provide analysis for viruses and poor grammar to senders
of unsolicited commercial e-mail at a rate of US$250 per hour.  Delivery of
said correspondence constitutes a request for the aforementioned services
at said price.