List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Markdown Tools - Request for a Sponsor
From:       Igor Mironchik <igor.mironchik () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-03-17 10:25:49

On 17.03.2024 10:33, Benson Muite wrote:
> On 15/03/2024 16.20, Igor Mironchik wrote:
>> On 15.03.2024 16:01, Benson Muite wrote:
>>> Is there a roadmap? Might it be possible to integrate other markup
>>> formats, for example AsciiDoc
>>
>> Do we have any C/C++ Open Source Parser for AsciiDoc? Fully-featured,
>> tested...
>>
> Not at present unfortunately. Main implementation is Ruby, which can be
> compiled to Javascript or a Java library. There is also a Python
> implementation and ongoing work to produce Haskell and Rust implementations.

Well, by mistake I wrote md4qt. I know what this work is (parse Markup
languages). It's not so trivial task, and it needs a lot of time to
write and test such things. But I didn't say no. If I have md4qt, where
I have Document for a tree representation, I can have a look at AsciiDoc
and write something like asciidoc4qt, that will use the same structures
for parsed document. In this case we can use absolutely the same
converter to PDF.

I can start such thing. Ok. Does AsciiDoc have well documented format?
Does it have a set of tests?

I don't know how complicated AsciiDoc format is, maybe it's simpler of
Markdown?

Markdown, despite its apparent simplicity, is a little complicated in
implementation. I've made 356 commits to implement and test it, and
spent some time for it, but it worth it.

In case of markdown-tools, if it will support CommonMark 0.31.2 with
major GFM and latest AsciiDoc, will you accept my project?