List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Markdown Tools - Request for a Sponsor
From:       Igor Mironchik <igor.mironchik () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-03-17 5:59:24

Good Sunday to you all.

On 16.03.2024 23:41, Loren Burkholder wrote:
> Just brainstorming here - do you think it would be possible to integrate the \
> features from Markdown Tools into Ghostwriter?

I didn't see code of Ghostwriter, so I don't know. I know that
Ghostwriter uses cmark-gfm. My md4qt was born by mistake, I didn't know
about cmark-gfm and wrote md4qt, that is very modern in Markdown way.   I
just don't know if it even possible with cmark-gfm to implement all
features that I have.

But I have a counter-question: Is it possible to move Ghostwriter's HTML
preview into markdownpart?

> IMO it doesn't make sense for KDE to have two competing Markdown editors, but it \
> sounds like Markdown Tools has some very useful features.

This is true, out of the box I have LaTeX Math expressions preview, code
highlighting, different just GitHub's things, like:

 > [!NOTE]

And many more. I wrote a small GIF to show you something, just go by
link and see.

https://ibb.co/tsW8GdV

> > Guys, try it. It's just a proposal. No is no - and I'm gone.
> >
> Hopefully you stick around even if Markdown Tools ultimately doesn't get integrated \
> into KDE. We can always use more developers!

I have two more applications, that I'd like to propose to KDE. It's not
a proposal yet, but as preview:

https://github.com/igormironchik/gif-recorder

https://github.com/igormironchik/gif-editor

By the way, the above GIF was written with my gif-recorder. I don't
support Wayland yet, and not sure if it even possible, but...