List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Who merges Merge Requests, and when?
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2020-06-10 21:41:22

On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 12:19:36 PM EDT Glen Ditchfield wrote:
> In the Phabricator work flow, I would submit a patch, someone knowledgeable
> would accept it, and I would `arc land` it.  Clear and simple.
>
> GitLab doesn't have that "accept" step AFAIK.  The KDE Wiki's Infrastructure/
> GitLab page says "Once the Merge Request is accepted, KDE Developers will
> merge it for you!"  That is imprecise;  I'm in the Developer group, but I'm
> just a casual.
>
> So, I have a couple of MRs in flight:
>
> https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kcalendarcore/-/merge_requests/1 hasn't
> attracted any review comments.  I don't think I _should_ merge it, but I think
> I _can_, which makes me uneasy.
>
> https://invent.kde.org/pim/kcalutils/-/merge_requests/5 had comments, which I
> resolved.  So, do I merge it?  Do I wait for both reviewers to upvote it?
> Does a reviewer merge it?

Problem: There are not very many people interested in kcalendarcore or kcalutils
and even fewer that have the knowledge required to review your MRs.
I happen to be 1 of those people.  I will look at your MRs soon.

I am very happy to have another person interested in these libraries
and very much welcome your contributions.

In the case of kcalendarcore I had forgotten to setup notifications for that repo.
apologies

Typically, the maintainer(s) would merge.  Neither of these repos have a real maintainer, however.
I don't think we have any rules against self-merging though.