List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Question about discover sortByRelevancy
From:       "S. Champailler" <schampailler () skynet ! be>
Date:       2020-04-08 9:10:17

------=_Part_45728_969727997.1586337017073

Hello Aleix, hello KDE dev's, mailto:aleixpol@kde.org

I wanted to modify Discover a bit. Here's the thing :

In KDE Neon, I run Discover. I search for a package named "Titanium". The result list \
has Titanium and some other packages in it (which is fine). However, the first item \
in that list is not named Titanium at all (I guess it's a match based, say, on the \
description).

I'd like to modify the sort order so that if a package has an exact name match, then \
it appears on top of the search results.

I've already looked at the code (and built it !)) and seen that the current sort is \
determined by the m_sortByRelevancy boolean. It seems to me that when that boolean is \
True, then no specific sort happens; not 100% sure.

Before going any further, I'd like to make sure my idea doesn't contradict some of \
the initial design of Discover. So, does it ?

Best regards,

Stéphane

------=_Part_45728_969727997.1586337017073

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
   I wanted to modify Discover a bit. Here's the thing :
   In KDE Neon, I run Discover. I search for a package named "Titanium". The result \
list has Titanium and some other packages in it (which is fine). However, the first \
item in that list is not named Titanium at all (I guess it's a match based, say, on \
the description).   <br>
   I'd like to modify the sort order so that if a package has an exact name match, \
then it appears on top of the search results.   <br>
   I've already looked at the code (and built it !)) and seen that the current sort \
is determined by the m_sortByRelevancy boolean. It seems to me that when that boolean \
is True, then no specific sort happens; not 100% sure.  <br>
   Before going any further, I'd like to make sure my idea doesn't contradict some of \
the initial design of Discover. So, does it ?   <br>
   Best regards,
   Stéphane
------=_Part_45728_969727997.1586337017073--