List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SQL Query tool - incubator
From:       Miroslav_Špehar <mspehar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-08-23 14:24:25

Hi Alexander

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 10:19 PM Alexander Semke <alexander.semke@web.de> wrote:

> Hi Miroslav,
>
> > Yes, this is actually an issue. I reached the point where it
> > more-or-less worked for me, some other design aspects i had an issue
> > with, so i kinda just thought to left it for a while.
> > I am thinking to put some effort into it once kubuntu 19.10 (plasma
> > 5.17?) comes out, so let's see if i get distracted with stuff like
> > golang/rust.
> >
> > As i said, this is just a check to see what you guys think about this
> > idea, especially since there is no alternative for this development
> > tool in kde ecosystem (not considering jetlabs and java apps).
> > I can also keep it as it is and come back when it is more mature.
> I think the idea is good and I personally would also prefer to use a KDE
> application with good usability, nice breeze icons etc. instead of
> sqlitebrowser and similar applications. There is no such tool right now and
> somebody has to invest here and to drive this project. So, it's not only about
> having the idea but also about an active contribution to the project.
>
> You mentioned couple of TODOs on your github page and the goal is stated as to
> be something similar as HeidiSQL. This goal is not reached yet I'd say and the
> TODO-list can be easily extended by many other feature requests for such a
> tool. This contradicts a bit with your plans to leave the project for a while.
> Are you just looking for somebody who can take over the maintanance and
> further develpment of this project?
>
> Best Regards,
> Alexander

The problem with those TODOs and generally why i turned for help -
because i got bored of rewriting what i did in a bad way  This is the
part of the learning process, but still annoying and demotivating.
"Leaving the project" already happened, so this is me actually
thinking of doing a few improvements in the following months.

No, i am not looking for someone to take over, one of the goals is
that i learn, so i have to / want to be in this. Also, there is no
maintenance yet since it is not finished nor ready for release.
What i actually need in one word is - mentoring. To tell me if my
design/structure/code is wrong and prevent me from burning my time on
something that is not worth it.

BR, Miroslav.