List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Gitlab Evaluation & Migration
From:       Harald Sitter <sitter () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-02-26 16:18:00

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 2:38 PM Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org> wrote:

> On zaterdag 23 februari 2019 12:08:05 CET Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>
> > * Is there anything we can have that can replace tasks and workboards? =
We usually have some very long-running tasks that get a lot of sub-tasks an=
d that basically document our development process. One thing I've learned w=
ith Phabricator is that project planning and issue tracking have nothing to=
 do with each other.

> Another thing here: what would be a good way to keep the really valuable =
information we've put in our tasks available? We have been tracking some bi=
g projects in phab's task system, and that information would be really hard=
 to lose, but it would also rather suck to have to convert that manually to=
 wiki pages or whatever...

I suppose I could be persuaded to migrate all tasks again ;)
As Eike mentioned the current boards feature is fairly limited though,
so that may complicate things (a lot).

HS